● 12:00 – 14:00 Farmers Market at the Square, Kinvara.
● 17:00 Sruthán Pier, Carraroe-Loading of Turf Boats.
● 19:00 Hurling Match Kinvara v Barna Foirbacha at local pitch.
● 20:00 Music and Craic in the pubs.
SATURDAY THE 17TH OF AUGUST: HIGH TIDE 14:34.
● 10:00 Mike Lynskey Memorial Cup starting from the Claddagh.
● 12:00 Turf Boats Calico Race from Sruthán, Carraroe, finishing at Parkmore.
● 12:00 BBQ for Crews at Parkmore followed by Skippers meeting for Gleoteoig Race.
● 14:00 Gleoiteog Mor race starts from Parkmore finishing in Kinvara.
● 14:15 Gleoiteog Beag race starts from Parkmore finishing in Kinvara.
● 14:30 Hookers and LeathBhads depart Parkmore in convoy for Kinvara.
● 15:00 Boats arrive Kinvara Pier and unload turf.
● 15:30 Parade of Sail Kinvara Sailing Club.
● 15:30 Official opening of Cruinniú na mBád by TG4 Musician of the year Dermot Byrne.
● 16:00 Presentation of ‘Mike Lynskey and Paddy Egan Trophies’ for the Claddagh and turf races.
● 16:15 “DUBLIN CITY RAMBLERS” live on stage outside the Pier Head.
● 20:00 ‘An tAmhran Beo’ Traditional bilingual Singing Concert at Johnston’sHall.
SUNDAY THE 18TH OF AUGUST/FAMILY DAY: HIGH TIDE 15:38.
● 10:00 “Guided shore walk by IWDG, Burren and Cliffs of Moher Geopark for adults and children. Meet at tent on the Pier.
● 12:00 Open Air Mass at the Pier Head followed by blessing of the Boats.
● 13:00 launch of new Bad Adhmad (wooden currach), started by the late Saor Bad Colm Mulkerrins and finished by his son Joseph, in Maonis Carna.
● 13:00 Start of “FAMILY DAY/CHILDRENS VILLAGE” on the Green.
● Face painting.
● Inflatable Slides/ Bouncy Castle fully supervised and insured. Provided by City Limits.
● Fancy Dress at the Green. This year’s theme “Sea Creatures”.
● Plus more to be announced.
● 13:15 Skippers Meeting on the Pier, Kinvara.
● 15:00 Hooker race from Kinvara for the ‘Colm Mulkerrins Trophy’.
● 15:15 Leath Bhad Race from Kinvara.
● 15:30 Parade of Sails Kinvara Sailing Club.
● 15:30 – 18:30 “The Rascals and An Anu” (a local Folk group) live on Stage outside the Pier Head.
● 18:00 Draw for the ‘ORIGINAL PAINTING’ by local artist Mark Dwyer for this year’s Cruinniú na mBád poster which depicts the Hooker ‘The Mount’ with Bádoir Dudley Grealish waiting to sell His turf at Kinvara Quay.
● 18:15 Presentation of all racing prizes and raffle prizes on the Pier.
● Mark Dwyer’s Exhibition of ‘oil on canvas’ paintings “Kinvara in the 1950s” will run until the 31st of Aug. at Murphystore, the Quay, Kinvara.
● Cruinniú na mBád shop open all weekend selling Festival Posters, Raffle Tickets,T-Shirts and Sweatshirts in aid of the Cruinniú.
● Wood Turning on the Pier.
● 20:00 Music and Craic in the pubs See listings on back page.
All times are approximate and subject to change
Referee for weekend – Seamus Breathnach, Carna.
● Local Kinvara Pubs, Businesses and all our Patrons● Please see Sponsor Board on Quay for full listing● Fisheries Local Action Group West● Irish Whale and Dolphin Group● The Burren and Cliffs of Moher Geopark proudly supporting Cruinniú na mBád● Tigh Neachtan Galway● Mark Dwyer (Poster)● The Gathering● Heineken● City Limits● An Garda Siochána● Special thanks to the boat owners and families and supporters from Connemara and elsewhere● Cuireann an Cruinniú fáilte roimh bádoirí Chonamara agus a muintir agus fáilte roimh bádoirí agus cuairteoirí ó áiteacha eile in Éireann agus I gcéin● Thanks to all our volunteer helpers over the weekend from Kinvara and elsewhere
● Finally We hope you enjoy this 35th Cruinniú na mBád● Tá súil again go mbainfear suit agus spraoi as Cruinniú 2013.
MUSIC AND CRAIC IN THE PUBS LISTED;